Fruits of Devotion to Saint Joseph
V. He made him the lord of His household;
R. And prince over all His possessions.
—Feast of St. Joseph, March 19
The most illustrious Doctors of the Church have not hesitated to place Saint Joseph above all other saints. According to their opinion, he occupies the throne in Heaven intended for Lucifer, the first-born and highest among the Angels who fell from Grace through rebellious pride and was cast into Hell as Prince of Darkness. Saint Joseph possesses gifts and graces even far greater than those of that apostate Angel, according to the teachings of the Church Fathers.
God has granted some extraordinary privileges to Saint Joseph:
- Those who invoke him shall obtain from God, by his intercession, the gift of chastity, and shall not be conquered by the temptation of the senses;
- They shall receive particular graces to deliver them from sin;
- They shall obtain a true devotion to the Blessed Virgin;
- They shall have a good and happy death, and in that all-decisive moment be defended against the assaults of Satan;
- They shall be delivered, when expedient for them, from bodily sufferings, and shall find help in their afflictions;
- If married, they shall be blessed with offspring;
- Finally, the demons shall have extreme dread of the invocation of the glorious name of Saint Joseph!
Ite ad Joseph! Go to Joseph!
Back to Home Page